Sign our letter to support Growing Gadsden!
Gadsden is a vibrant community on the precipice of sustainable economic growth. The proposed Pilgrim’s Pride project will be a catalyst to continue Growing Gadsden for years to come.
The $70 million economic development project will spur Gadsden’s growth by:
- Creating over 200 high-paying jobs, including more than 100 construction jobs and 90 permanent jobs at the completed facility.
- Reinvesting $17 million locally each year through labor, utilities, maintenance and repairs, suppliers, freight and other ongoing business expenses. Another $50 million per year in indirect spending is expected.
- Providing more than $360,000 annually for city, county and state schools.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technology to ensure that odors will be controlled within the property, keeping Gadsden a beautiful, welcoming community.
- Protecting our natural resources by exceeding permitting requirements to safeguard waterways and air.
- Spurring growth within the agricultural economy by increasing capacity for producing pet food from chicken byproducts.
Together, we can grow Gadsden for the future.